This awesome adapter is the creation of famed retrogaming enthusiast John Konstantopoylos. John is well known for making this and many other adapters for various game systems and computers. John (ikonsgr74) and I are teaming up to re-sell and promote each other's products.
This adapter allows you to use standard retro video game joysticks and controllers that have standard DB9 joystick ports, including RetroGameBoyz Atari 5200 and Sega Master system control pads with the Atari 5200.
It will enable you to start and play MOST Atari 5200 2 button games without the need for a keypad. If you want this same functionality with an embedded keypad, see my other products.; as have embedded this module into a new enclosure with a keypad so you can use joysticks and keypads.
- Equipped with Start Button!
- Extra 15Pin D connector for plugging Keypad controllers
- Supports 2 fire buttons!
You can directly use, any joystick/gamepad for:
- RetroGameBoyz Sega Master System Game Pad (B and A)
- RetroGameBoyz Atari 5200 Game Pad (B and A)
- AMIGA - (1 button only)
- ATARI 8bit - (1 button only) - Atari 7800 (DOES NOT WORK)
- ATARI ST - (1 button only)
- Commodore 64/128 - (1 button only)
- AMSTRAD CPC - (1 button only)
- Sega Master System (buttons 1 and 2)
- Sega Genesis - buttons ( B and C)
You can also plug other adapters which will allow you to connect many other controller devices:
- Amiga Atari ST Mouse Adapter
- DB15 PC Joystick Adapter
- Wireless Bluetooth Joystick Adapter
- A USB (ps2 compatible) Mouse Adapter
- And various USB Joystick Adapters